Daniel Dale Profile picture
Nov 9, 2017 15 tweets 3 min read Read on X
"It was 40 years ago," Alabama Marion County GOP chair David Hall tells me. "I really don't see the relevance of it. He was 32. She was supposedly 14. She's not saying that anything happened other than they kissed."
Me: "The story said she said he tried to get her to touch his genitals." Hall: "Well, she said he may have TRIED to. But we're talking something that somebody SAID happened, 40 years ago. It wouldn't affect whether or not I'd vote for him."

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Daniel Dale

Daniel Dale Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ddale8

Nov 2, 2022
That’s quite the spin. The size of Social Security checks is linked, by law, to inflation (ssa.gov/cola/#:~:text=…). This year’s increase is unusually big because the inflation rate is unusually big.
It’s true that this year’s increase is the biggest in years. Very much not sure “there was big inflation and therefore also, as required by decades-old law, a big cost-of-living adjustment to Social Security” is what people think of as an example of presidential leadership
Biden falsely said today, "On my watch, for the first time in 10 years, seniors are getting an increase in their Social Security checks." There was an increase (again, tied to inflation!) every year of Trump's term. Biden has previously done a correct version of this claim -
Read 4 tweets
Oct 31, 2022
Thread: The FBI's newly released criminal complaint against the man charged with attacking Pelosi features a summary of a Mirandized interview in which, per the FBI summary, *the man himself* essentially debunks the conspiracy theories about the incident.
How did DePape get into the house? "DEPAPE stated that he broke into the house through a glass door, which was a difficult task that required the use of a hammer."
Motive: "DEPAPE stated that he was going to hold Nancy hostage...DEPAPE articulated he viewed Nancy as the 'leader of the pack' of lies told by the Democratic Party...DEPAPE also later explained that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then have to be wheeled into Congress.."
Read 6 tweets
Oct 17, 2022
When NBC’s Welker reminded Herschel Walker he’d earlier in the campaign opposed all exceptions on abortion, he said, “No no no. I said I’m for life. I never said I didn’t have any exception.”

Walker in May: “There’s no exception in my mind…No exceptions, I believe in life.” 1/
That’s not all. Walker filled out a questionnaire from an anti-abortion group. They specifically asked which exceptions he supports. He checked off none of them. 2/ irp.cdn-website.com/d51b2a5e/files…
This is at least the second time this campaign that Walker has falsely denied, on camera, having said something he previously said, on camera. He previously falsely denied ever once claiming he’d graduated from college. 3/ cnn.com/2022/05/25/pol…
Read 4 tweets
Oct 10, 2022
This is a dishonest claim. The truth: *the National Archives* sorted Bush docs for his library in a heavily secured facility (patrols, cameras, sensors) that happened to be a former alley/restaurant. As with Obama docs the Archives took to Chicago, Bush didn’t take them himself.
Here’s a 1994 article about the Archives’ work with Bush documents in the secure facility that happened to be a former bowling alley/restaurant. Trump made it sound like Bush himself had carelessly taken docs to an alley/restaurant. latimes.com/archives/la-xp…
And here's a 1993 WaPo article about NARA using a former alley to temporarily house Bush documents. No equivalence between "NARA takes docs to NARA facility that used to be something else" and "Trump takes docs to his home and won't give them back to NARA" washingtonpost.com/archive/politi…
Read 5 tweets
Jul 13, 2022
“Updating this viral story”
Read 4 tweets
Jul 7, 2022
Salon has now changed a 2021 headline that falsely said "DeSantis signs bill requiring Florida students, professors to register political views with state." The survey is optional for students/profs and anonymous (though some have expressed concerns about potential to be IDed).
The inaccurate Salon headline from last year went viral again in the past couple days, with some Democratic commentators and other prominent people, even including author Stephen King, sharing the false claim.
Salon's disclosure note, in quite small type, says this: "The headline for this article has been revised since its original publication to more accurately reflect the language of the bill in question."
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(